Sunday, August 05, 2012

Situation Normal

It’s been a week of gripes, surprises, and joys.  If I kept a journal these would be some of the entries.

Monday
·         Itchy eye.  Not going to wear contact today, which probably doesn’t matter much since I’m still wearing reading glasses most of the time anyway.  Don’t think this experiment is working.
Female quite fascinating
·         Elevator not working.  First time that has happened in 9 years.
·         Close to finishing major project.
·         Elevator working when I got home from the health club.
They watch out for each other
·         After a couple of weeks of steady attendance, the cardinals finally came when a camera was handy and when there was enough light!



 Tuesday
·         Got to open the windows for a little while today.
·         Elevator out again. 
·         Forgot coupon for 40% off at Michael’s.
·         Used the phrase ‘you guys’ when leaving a message.  I hate that phrase, stopped to correct myself and then nearly forgot why I had called.

Quaker parrot/monk parakeet
Wednesday
Looking back to my balcony
·  Just about ready to leave for work.  Walked into living room to close the drapes and there were my surprise visitors!  Some of the monk parakeets that started a colony in Hyde Park decades ago have migrated to Berwyn.  I’ve only seen them around the library.  Four of them were on my balcony.  But my movement in the house spooked them.  Luckily, they only went to the utility wires over the alley.  Hope they come back now that they’ve discovered this restaurant!
·         Catch up coffee with friend and another dear friend starts new job today.
·         Project not so near finished.  Major revisions not incorporated.  Were my directions not clear?

Thursday
Thursday night moon rising
·         Opened new bag of bird seed and left it on the kitchen counter as I watered the balcony plants and put out the morning's seed.  The bag toppled over… seed everywhere, in the cat’s water dish, food tray, under the stove. 


Friday

Friday sunrise
·         Very light traffic on the way to work.  In the office in 18 minutes.

Saturday
·         Oak Park book sale.  Trying a few new authors for 50¢.
·         Cleaned out pantry.  Cake mix that expired in 2009 was the oldest.  Still finding birdseed. Threw out 3 bags of stuff.  Moved on to other stuff an have 2 bags for Goodwill.

Sunday
·         Kane County Flea Market.  So great to be outdoors and now in the evening listening to the cicadas instead of the air conditioner.

Monday
·         Today marks the last week of work for a delightful colleague.  Mixed feelings.  Would so love to have her stay, excited for her to go and follow her dream to live in her homeland, Nigeria.

A rountine week.  Situation normal for me.  You?

Marilyn

1 comment:

  1. Did not know you knew your birds....impressive. But sounds about right, down to bird seed all over, I am still finding lentils everywehere.

    ReplyDelete