Sunday, April 21, 2013

Destinies

Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.
                                                …Mahatma Gandhi

 
In a week when we marked the 271st anniversary of Handel’s Messiah and witnessed the lowest and highest of the human spirit, I ran across these words.  
 
I find them profound and beautiful. 
 
Also true.  I tracked one belief – my firm belief that if you’re doing what you’re supposed to be doing then things work out – through that logic and can confirm the outcome. 
 
I invite you to do the same and share if you’d like...
 
...for I also find them comforting.
 
Marilyn

1 comment:

  1. Mine is an oversimplification of a Ray Bradbury line: "If you listen to your intellect, you would miss life. You've got to jump and build your wings on the way down."

    ReplyDelete