Sunday, August 18, 2013

Fan Club

It’s one of those times of year when a local PBS stations is doing a fundraiser.  That means the schedule has shifted to those musical specials to entertain and encourage donations from viewers. When I was channel surfing the other day I caught an intermission from a show dedicated to groups of the 60s.  The broadcasters were talking about how so many of those bands and singers had a record number of fans and fan clubs.

I don’t say this often enough – I’m a member of your fan club.

I think you’re terrific.  You are great at what you do and at being who you are.

And because this is a fan club made up of people who actually know or have known you and not one of those clubs of anonymous admirers, I also know you have insecurities, faults, have made mistakes, and even have failed at something.  That’s ok. This fan doesn’t hold you to any higher human standard than she holds herself. I’ve admired how you’ve ultimately triumphed over hard times.  My life is enriched because you have been or are in it.
Know that I’m in your corner, and I believe that whatever life throws at you today, you can handle.  Maybe not easily, but as well as you can.  Beautifully.  Graciously.

So, this fan encourages you to go out there today and be your best true self. 
Marilyn

Really, that’s it this week. 

Well, if the words and the genuine feelings behind them made you smile, maybe you’d like to forward those to someone in your life.  Just a suggestion from a true fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment