Sunday, November 09, 2014

I don't know about you, but...

…my mailboxes – electronic and snail mail, both inbox and outbox – are not as full as they used to be and I’m not sure what that means.

…I find most of the choices for entertainment, escape, and education on the growing number of network channels more disturbing than intriguing.
…if I start falling asleep in the chair, somehow, by the time I get to bed I am wide awake.

…I am scared that the parts of myself I do not like will become more dominant as I age and no one will admonish me for them.
…as much as I believe in our democracy, something is broken and I don’t know what it is going to take to fix it because we cannot legislate common sense, kindness, or grace.

…despite decades of progress there are more we/they divisions in our country than when we were marching for rights decades ago.

…a turtleneck feels different in October than in March.
…there is always one place in my house or office that, no matter how hard I try, is always cluttered.

…I enjoy seeing license plates from other places and if someone else is around, I point them out.
…it’s good to be back!

Marilyn

 

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're back! I was delighted to see "Musings" in my inbox this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! I've missed the musings!!!

    ReplyDelete