Sunday, April 23, 2017

Finding those cozy moments

My idea of cozy and yours might be different, but I'll bet the feeling is the same. Cozy is an intimate connection, be it with self or something or someone. A partner, a pet, the daily tending of a bonsai, turning the page in a favorite book. There's a contentedness, a sigh of a momentary letting go and just being. 

My 99 year old dear friend received lots of flowers for her recent birthday. She enjoyed each one as she placed them in vases around the house. She then appreciated them throughout the day. As she drank her morning cup of coffee, she gazed at the sunny daffodil on the kitchen table. In the afternoon, she marveled at how the sun fell on the blue iris in the living room. And, she enjoyed telling me about those moments, allowing me to share in the cozy points of her day. I could picture what she described. I could enter that space of pleasure with her. Her cozy moments became mine as well.

We need more coziness in our lives. Or, perhaps we just need to recognize and appreciate what it is already there. This week, today, look for those brief cozy breaks in the mundane, in the routine, in the craziness. Find them. Appreciate them. Pass them on.

Marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment